ISMB 2021: BioinfoCoreWorkshop
The virtual bioinfo-core workshop is scheduled for Friday, July 30th, 2021, from 11:00-15:20 UTC
- 13:00-17:20 CEST (Europe)
- 12:00-16:20 BST (UK/Ireland)
- 7-11:20 am EDT (East coast)
- 4-8:20 am PDT (West coast)
The bioinformatics core workshop is a workshop by practitioners and managers of Core Facilities for all members of core facilities, including scientists, engineers, analysts, operations and management staff. In this second weird and virtual of 18 years of bringing the Core community together at ISMB, we will explore topics relevant to bioinformatics core facilities through lightning talks followed by small-group break out discussions with insights brought back to the full audience for further discussion and knowledge sharing.
- Madelaine Gogol, Stowers Institute, United States
- Hemant Kelkar, University of North Carolina, United States
- Alastair Kerr, CRUK-MI, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
- Brent Richter, Partners HealthCare of Massachusetts General and Brigham and Women’s Hospitals, United States
- Alberto Riva, University of Florida, United States
- Rodrigo Polo, AAFC/AAC, Canada
- There will be a fun interactive event of some kind for attendees.
We will circulate a document to allow group brainstorming on useful breakout session topics and sign up. We will divide attendees into breakout rooms based on the group they choose to participate in. Afterwards, main points will be brought back to the main audience for knowlege sharing and further discussion.