ISMB 2020: BioinfoCoreWorkshop
The virtual bioinfo-core workshop is scheduled for Monday, July 13th, 2020, from 10:40 to 12:40 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
The bioinformatics core workshop is a workshop by practitioners and managers of Core Facilities for all members of core facilities, including scientists, engineers, analysts, operations and management staff. In this weird and virtual 17th year of bringing the Core community together at ISMB, we will explore topics relevant to bioinformatics core facilities through lightning talks followed by small-group break out discussions with insights brought back to the full audience for further discussion and knowledge sharing.
- Madelaine Gogol, Stowers Institute, United States
- Hemant Kelkar, University of North Carolina, United States
- Alastair Kerr, CRUK-MI, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
- Brent Richter, Partners HealthCare of Massachusetts General and Brigham and Women’s Hospitals, United States
- Alberto Riva, University of Florida, United States
- Rodrigo Polo, AAFC/AAC, Canada
- There will be zoom-ish networking session / happy hour type events for attendees, but we will announce those later when we get more details.
Topics this year include building bioinformatics capacity, management, spatial transcriptomics, and single-cell RNA-seq.
We will circulate a document to allow group brainstorming on useful breakout session topics and sign up. We will divide attendees into breakout rooms based on the group they choose to participate in. Afterwards, main points will be brought back to the main audience for knowlege sharing and further discussion.
|10:40 - 10:50 AM||BioNet Alberta: A network based approach to Bioinformatic capacity building in Alberta||Eric Merzetti, University of Lethbridge, Canada|
|10:50 - 11:00 AM||Mentoring and Managing Staff in Bioinformatics Cores||Krishna Karuturi
The Jackson Laboratory, United States
|11:00 - 11:10 AM||Chickens in Space: our experiences with spatial transcriptomics on the 10x Visium and slide-seq platforms||Madelaine Gogol, Stowers Institute, United States slides|
|11:10 - 11:20 AM||Multi-sample, multi-condition analysis in scRNAseq data sets||Simone Marini, University of Florida, United States|
|11:20 - 11:40 AM||Breakout session 1|
|11:40 AM - 12:00 PM||Break|
|12:00 PM - 12:20 AM||Breakout session 2|
|12:20 AM - 12:40 PM||Breakout Group Reports|